For all you beauty junkies out there, we’ve got product news to share—and none of it is going to cost you anything other than little bit of time playing in the kitchen. The best beauty regimens are filled with all natural products packed with super ingredients like antioxidants, brightening vitamins, natural moisturizers, exfoliates, tighteners and more. All the same goods you’ve already got stocked in your refrigerator and pantry, so we’ve turned to How2Girl Courtney Sixx to show us how to use them to make her favorite mask and scrub recipes for keeping skin looking its best.
Green Tea and Yogurt Mask
This combination works wonders on winter skin. The green tea calms, the yogurt tones and the cornstarch is the perfect pore tightener.
1 tablespoon green tea, brewed
1 tablespoon plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Mix all of the ingredients together, setting aside the extra Green Tea for you to drink later–it’s the best antioxidant ever!
2. Chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes to get it nice and cool. The chill alone will instantly wake up tired skin.
3. Wash your face and pat dry.
4. Apply mixture and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse.
Oatmeal, Mint, Cucumber Mask
When your face is dull and dehydrated from winter air, this moisturizing mask will get it feeling dewy and glowing again fast. Plus it smells so good.
1/4 cup cooked organic oatmeal
2 fresh organic mint leaves
2 tablespoons peeled, seeded and chopped organic cucumber
1. Combine ingredients using a food processor.
2. Wash your face and pat dry.
3. Apply mask and let sit on skin for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse.
Orange Juice/Brown Sugar Mask
Winter skin often equals dry skin. The brown sugar in this mask acts as a gentle exfoliate to brighten your skin,, Repeat once a week for a month.
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
2. Wash face and pat dry.
3. Apply mask to clean skin, making upward gentle circular motions as you apply to exfoliate and enhance collagen production. Let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse and enjoy your tight, fresh and dewy complexion. Repeat once a week for a month to get maximum results!